Physical Chemical Industrial Waste Treatment Operator Exam References
The following are approved as reference sources for WPI’s physical chemical industrial waste treatment operator examinations. Operators should use the latest edition of these reference sources to prepare for the exam.
- Industrial Waste Treatment, Volume I and Volume II
- Operation of Wastewater Treatment Plants, Volume I and Volume II
- Manage for Success
- Advanced Waste Treatment
- Treatment of Metal Wastestreams
- Pretreatment Facility Inspection
- *Operation of Water Resource Recovery Facilities, MOP 11
- Industrial Wastewater Management, Treatment, and Disposal, Manual of Practice FD-3
*This WEF text replaces the previous WEF title, Operation of Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plants – Manual of Practice No. 11
Operators must also be knowledgeable about federal and state/provincial regulations that apply to industrial dischargers. Most of the US federal regulations that apply to industrial dischargers are found in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40.
- United States: Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40
- U.S. state regulations (contact information for state certification programs is available on the OpCert Program Contacts page)
- Canadian provincial and territorial regulations (contact information for state certification programs is available on the OpCert Program Contacts page)
For more information, review the Physical Chemical Industrial Waste Treatment Operator Need-to-Know Criteria
Need-to-Know Criteria outline the content that will be covered on WPI’s standardized examinations provided through ABC Testing, a WPI service.