Biosolids Land Applier Exam References
The following are approved as reference sources for WPI’s biosolids land applier examinations. Land appliers should use the latest edition of these reference sources to prepare for the exam.
Class I and II Exams:
- A Plain English Guide to the EPA Part 503 Biosolids Rule
- Environmental Regulations and Technology: Control of Pathogens and Vector Attraction in Sewage Sludge
- Land Application of Sewage Sludge
- Process Design Manual – Land Application of Sewage Sludge and Domestic Septage
- *Design of Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plants – MOP 8
- *Solids Process Design and Management
- Survival Guide: Public Communications for Water Professionals.
*These two WEF texts were previously joined in the WEF title, Design of Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plants – MOP 8, Volume 3: Solids Processing and Disposal
- United States: Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40, Part 503: Standards for the Use or Disposal of Sewage Sludge
Class II Exams Only:
Washington State Department of Ecology
- Estimating Plant-Available Nitrogen in Biosolids
- Public Perception of Biosolids Recycling: Developing Public Participation and Earning Trust
For more information, review the Biosolids Land Applier Need-to-Know Criteria
Need-to-Know Criteria outline the content that will be covered on WPI’s standardized examinations provided through ABC Testing, a WPI service.