Water Treatment Operator Exam References
The following are approved as reference sources for WPI’s standardized water treatment operator exams. Operators should use the latest edition of these reference sources to prepare for the exam.
- *WSO: Water Treatment Series (Grade 1, Grade 2, Grades 3 & 4)
- **WSO: Water Distribution Series (Grades 1 & 2, Grades 3 & 4)
- ***Water Quality & Treatment
- Water System Security, A Field Guide
- Basic Science Concepts and Applications
- Water System Security: A Field Guide
*These WSO texts replace previous AWWA titles, Water Treatment, and Water Sources
**These WSO texts replace previous AWWA title, Water Transmission and Distribution.
***This WSO text replaces previous AWWA title, Water Quality
Association of State Drinking Water Administrators (ASDWA) and National Rural Water Association (NRWA)
- United States: Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40, Part 141
- U.S. state regulations (contact information for state certification programs is available on the OpCert Program Contacts page)
- Government of Canada (Federal-Provincial-Territorial Subcommittee on Drinking Water): Guidelines for Canadian Drinking Water Quality
- Canadian provincial and territorial regulations (contact information for state certification programs is available on the OpCert Program Contacts page)