Wastewater Collection Operator Need-to-Know Criteria
Need-to-Know Criteria outline the content that will be covered on WPI’s standardized examinations provided through ABC Testing, a WPI service.
- Wastewater Collection Operator Class I
- Wastewater Collection Operator Class II
- Wastewater Collection Operator Class III
- Wastewater Collection Operator Class IV
Wastewater Collection Operator Formula/Conversion Table
WPI’s standardized exams are administered with a Formula/Conversion Table containing mathematical formulas and common abbreviations that may be present on the exam.
Wastewater Collection Operator Exam References
The following are approved as reference sources for WPI’s standardized wastewater collection operator examinations. Operators should use the latest edition of these reference sources to prepare for the exam.
- Operation of Wastewater Treatment Plants, Volume I and Volume II
- Operation and Maintenance of Wastewater Collection Systems, Volume I and Volume II
- Utility Management
- Manage for Success
- *Operation of Water Resource Recovery Facilities, MOP 11
- **Safety, Health, and Security Standards for Water Resource Recovery, MOP 1, 7th Edition
- Existing Sewer Evaluation and Rehabilitation – Manual of Practice FD-6
- Wastewater Collection Systems Management – Manual of Practice No. 7
*This WEF text replaces the previous WEF title Operation of Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plants – Manual of Practice No. 11
**This WEF text replaces the previous WEF title Safety & Health in Wastewater Systems, Manual of Practice No. 1
- United States: Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40
- U.S. state regulations (contact information for state certification programs is available on the OpCert Program Contacts page)
- Canadian provincial and territorial regulations (contact information for state certification programs is available on the OpCert Program Contacts page)